Nine Mortgage Mistakes You Dont Want To Make
Simple Ways To Save On Your Gulfport Real Estate Purchase
Below are the ten most common mortgage mistakes that you don’t want to make, when financing a new home loan. These come from real world experience as a Realtor® in the Gulfport real estate area, but they also come from years spent in the field working with clients and customers.
- Don’t get stuck with the wrong mortgage. Try to find one that is best suited to your individual needs.
- Don’t mix up the terms pre-approved and pre-qualified. Pre-approved means the lender has already assessed your finances, but pre-qualified means they have guessed about your income and not approved anything.
- Don’t have too much extended credit. This is problem with many loan applications getting approved for potential home buyers.
- Don’t lie on your loan applications. This is a huge thing not to do, it will almost always disqualify your loan application.
- Don’t try to hide when you get behind on payments. If you get behind on your payments, contact your lender immediately and see what arrangements can be made.
- Don’t lose your copies of your original mortgage. These will be needed at some point in the future, so hang on to such documents. Don’t have a mortgage burning party with your friends.
- Don’t pay large sums for down payments. If the sum is too large for you to afford, it is probably not the right home loan for your needs.
- Don’t forget to investigate your remodeling contractor. Who you decide to hire for contracting work is crucial, this is another area that a professional real estate can be helpful with.
- Don’t forget to get a home inspection. This can save you time and money (sometimes several thousands of dollars) as a home owner.
Keeping these nine things that many people do wrong in mind, will ensure your search for a home loan is easy and simple. Most mortgage mistakes can be avoided by having a qualified Gulfport real estate agent help you find a home, and assist in finding the right home loan for your individual needs. Remember, it is your future you are investing in. For more information, please contact us at 228-275-7500.
“The best decision I made was choosing Amanda Hendry and her team as my Realtor for my first time buying a home. They walked me through every step and worked with my mortgage loan officer and with the seller to make sure everything was in order and done in timely manner. My first time buying a home was a journey and not an easy one and Amanda went above and beyond to get me in the home of my dreams. She showed me probably every house on the market in the locations I was searching for several mon…
We contacted Amanda & Associates in December 2015 and was put in contact with Jordyn Favret. From day one, Jordyn was thorough and professional. She went above and beyond to deal with an extremely difficult seller even spending hours in the evening and on the weekends to close the deal on the property. Jordyn answered all of our questions and when she didn’t know the answer, she made the effort to investigate it and get back with us in a timely manner. She met with the rental manager and viewed …
“Amanda’s team really went above and beyond for me while trying to sell my house. I live out of state and Amanda was valuable in several aspects, even going as far as checking on the plumbing during the ice storm that struck south Mississippi this past winter. I’m very pleased with the service that was provided and I highly recommend them.”
“Amanda’s team helped us sell our house and they were fantastic! We had to move across the country and they were very prompt about finding a buyer and taking care of everything. Amanda has wonderful responsiveness and is very good about communicating all knowledge about selling a house. Highly recommend!!”
After browsing through houses for a few weeks on Zillow, Trulia, Movado, etc. I was feeling so overwhelmed and then God sent an angel! Mary called me out of the blue and I didn’t know what to do but accept her assistance. I am so glad I did! She has made the hassle of house searching and buying such a memorable and enjoyable experience. Mary has been upfront with us about each house we’ve looked at, giving us the positives and negatives. Mary wasn’t just interested in selling us a house. S…
“As a first time home buyer, I didn’t really know of what to expect. After meeting with Amanda and talking with her the first time, I felt comfortable enough to ask lots of questions and she was very patient with me. As we closed on our house today, I cannot be any happier that Amanda’s team is the one that helped me along the way. She has gone above and beyond my expectations. Thank you to your team for a great job!”
They do very well in getting the information needed for you so you can decide on the property being reviewed. Very professional and quick to respond. They keep you informed on all steps during the process of the purchase.
First off, let me say the pleasure was all ours. We appreciate the time McKinsey & her team took with us. She stayed on top of the situation and made things happen. It was our first time to use a Realtor and it was a pleasure with us. She answered questions immediately or found the answer for us in timely manner. We never felt pressured or uncomfortable. It was great doing business with her and the team and look forward to future business.
I have worked with Amanda and her team on several transactions, both as a buyer and a seller. They are very proactive, accessible, and responsive. The team knows the market very well, and lays out a well thought out and deliberate strategy to close a deal in a timely manner.
Amanda and Associates helped me every step of the way through the difficult situation of selling my home. We had a difficult time in dealing with the lender and Amanda’s team made it much easier.