Getting a real estate license in Mississippi can be a great way to start a new career in the industry or to expand your existing business, especially in the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to obtain a real estate license in Mississippi, with a focus on the Gulf Coast region:
- Meet the eligibility requirements: To be eligible for a real estate license in Mississippi, you must be at least 18 years of age, a legal resident of the state, and have no prior convictions for crimes related to real estate.
- Complete the pre-licensing education: You must complete 60 hours of pre-licensing education approved by the Mississippi Real Estate Commission (MREC). This education covers a range of topics, including real estate law, contracts, and property management.
2.1 On-line classes: Many schools and organizations offer on-line pre-licensing courses, allowing you to complete the education from the comfort of your home. On-line classes are a convenient option for those with a busy schedule or who live far from a physical school.
2.2 Day classes: If you prefer in-person instruction, day classes are also available, including those located in the Mississippi Gulf Coast region. These classes are taught by experienced real estate professionals and provide an opportunity for hands-on learning and interaction with other students.
- Pass the state licensing exam: After completing your pre-licensing education, you will need to pass the state licensing exam. The exam covers material learned in the pre-licensing education and is administered by the MREC. There are several testing locations through PSA testing centers located in MS, LA and AL.
- Submit your license application: Once you have passed the state licensing exam, you can submit your license application to the MREC. You will also need to provide proof of completion of pre-licensing education and a background check.
- Complete continuing education: To maintain your real estate license in Mississippi, you must complete continuing education courses each year. These courses are designed to keep you up-to-date with the latest industry developments and regulations. Continuing education options, including online and in-person classes, are available throughout the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
By following these steps, you can obtain your real estate license in Mississippi and start your career in the industry, particularly in the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Whether you choose on-line or day classes, it is important to research the requirements thoroughly, take the necessary courses, and pass the licensing exam to become a licensed real estate agent in the state.
Coastal Realty Group finished 2022 as the #1 independent brokerage along the MS Gulf Coast. They have seen continued growth year after year with new agents. They offer extensive training, advanced technology and offers competitive commission structures. Contact Coastal Realty Group for an interview, pre-licensing class recommendations, and take a tour of our 4000-square-foot office located just off of Cowan Rd in Gulfport! Call us today! 228-280-8026