10 Ways To Save On Your Gulfport Home Insurance
If you haven’t bought a new homeowner’s insurance policy in a while, you may find that you are paying too much to insure your Gulfport home. Most people are able to save a substantial amount of money every year by making a few simple adjustments to their homeowner’s policy.
1. Comparison shop. Don’t assume that because you have used the same insurance company for years that you are getting the best possible price.
2. Increasing your deductible by $500 can save you hundreds of dollars in premiums. Be careful not to take on a deductible that you cannot afford if you need to make a claim.
3. By a bundle. Most insurance companies offer discounts to customers who purchase auto, home and life insurance from their agents.
4. If you reduce the insurance company’s risk by making your Gulfport home more hurricane resistant, you will be rewarded with a lower premium.
5. Know the numbers. A significant portion of the cost of homeowner’s insurance is based on the cost to rebuild the home. Be sure your insurance company’s numbers are accurate by getting quotes from local builders.
6. Increase your security. A home security system, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and deadbolt locks can all prompt small discounts on homeowner’s insurance.
7. Ask for discounts. Many insurance companies offer discounts to retirees and stay-at-home parents because a total loss is less likely when someone is home. Loyalty discounts are also common in the industry, but you may need to ask to get them.
8. Check with your employer, your credit union and any professional associations you affiliate with to find out if they offer a group homeowner’s insurance policy.
9. Insurance companies often lose customers to other companies with lower rates. To encourage long-term customers to stay with their company, most offer discounts to customers who have carried insurance with them for more than five years.
10. Review your riders. It is important to add riders to your insurance policy to cover valuables such as jewelry and art. If you sell or give away those possessions, be sure to inform your insurance company so you don’t continue to pay the additional premiums.
“The best decision I made was choosing Amanda Hendry and her team as my Realtor for my first time buying a home. They walked me through every step and worked with my mortgage loan officer and with the seller to make sure everything was in order and done in timely manner. My first time buying a home was a journey and not an easy one and Amanda went above and beyond to get me in the home of my dreams. She showed me probably every house on the market in the locations I was searching for several mon…
Jennifer BatesGulfport, MS
“As a first time home buyer, I didn’t really know of what to expect. After meeting with Amanda and talking with her the first time, I felt comfortable enough to ask lots of questions and she was very patient with me. As we closed on our house today, I cannot be any happier that Amanda’s team is the one that helped me along the way. She has gone above and beyond my expectations. Thank you to your team for a great job!”
We contacted Amanda & Associates in December 2015 and was put in contact with Jordyn Favret. From day one, Jordyn was thorough and professional. She went above and beyond to deal with an extremely difficult seller even spending hours in the evening and on the weekends to close the deal on the property. Jordyn answered all of our questions and when she didn’t know the answer, she made the effort to investigate it and get back with us in a timely manner. She met with the rental manager and viewed …
“Amanda’s team really went above and beyond for me while trying to sell my house. I live out of state and Amanda was valuable in several aspects, even going as far as checking on the plumbing during the ice storm that struck south Mississippi this past winter. I’m very pleased with the service that was provided and I highly recommend them.”
They do very well in getting the information needed for you so you can decide on the property being reviewed. Very professional and quick to respond. They keep you informed on all steps during the process of the purchase.
Amanda and Associates helped me every step of the way through the difficult situation of selling my home. We had a difficult time in dealing with the lender and Amanda’s team made it much easier.
“Amanda’s team helped us sell our house and they were fantastic! We had to move across the country and they were very prompt about finding a buyer and taking care of everything. Amanda has wonderful responsiveness and is very good about communicating all knowledge about selling a house. Highly recommend!!”
Andrea & Kyle Woodard
First off, let me say the pleasure was all ours. We appreciate the time McKinsey & her team took with us. She stayed on top of the situation and made things happen. It was our first time to use a Realtor and it was a pleasure with us. She answered questions immediately or found the answer for us in timely manner. We never felt pressured or uncomfortable. It was great doing business with her and the team and look forward to future business.
David & Summer Pipkins
I have worked with Amanda and her team on several transactions, both as a buyer and a seller. They are very proactive, accessible, and responsive. The team knows the market very well, and lays out a well thought out and deliberate strategy to close a deal in a timely manner.
Without a doubt, this has been the best home purchasing experience. I am so impress with everyone at Amanda & Associates. David Becher was exceptional! He contacted me on a regular basis and understood my goals. Finding the perfect cottage on the Gulf Coast has moved me one step closer to retiring in such a beautiful and fun area. Brittany Brackett is another person I want to acknowledge. She consistently communicated with me on the administrative paperwork. Because of her attention to detail, …